More About AlwaysOnPC
When you register for AlwaysOnPC, you get your own “virtual computer”, complete with your own file storage, applications, and personalizable desktop. This computer is ‘hosted’ on our servers in a secure, reliable data center. To access your AlwaysOnPC you simply need to get the AlwaysOnPC access software on the device/platform you are using, such as iPad, iPhone, Android, or a PC/Mac.
Apps and Features
AlwaysOnPC gives you over 40 apps you can use from your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or Android device. Here are a few examples:
Browse with Google Chrome, or Firefox with Flash AND Java support. Many websites don't work on iPad, iPhone, or even on Android because of Flash, Java or similar website features that rely on “PC-class” browsers. Now you can use those same browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox right from your iPad, iPhone or Android device. For example:
- Access the Chrome Web Store, with tons of apps (like Picnik photo editor, or Evony or Runescape). Synchronize your browsing with your home PC
- You can play Facebook Flash games on your iPad or iPhone, Access Quickbooksonline.com, or edit websites using Google Sites and many other systems that don't work on iOS Safari
- Install Firefox Add-ons and plug-ins and toolbars just like you can on your computer...
- Firefox with Flash player: It works great for all your favorite websites that don’t work on mobile browsers, such as Facebook games, kids games like Club Penguin or WebKinz, real money poker – any site that requires Flash. Learn more about AlwaysOnPC Firefox…
(Note: We do not yet provide audio or full-motion video – these improvements are coming *very* soon!)
Open Office Suite from your iPad, iPhone or Android device: Edit and save Word, Excel, & Powerpoint files from your iPhone/iTouch, Android phone, or iPad. These aren’t ‘lite’ versions – you get ALL the Open Office features like: cut/copy and paste content or insert images or charts, and use 'mouse mode' to refine sizing and layout, run macros, create or fill in forms, etc. Learn more about Open Office mobile office suite features on iPad, iPhone & Android …
Compete Adobe Reader: You may have noticed you can view PDFs on iPhone, iPad or Android, but you cannot use many of the annotation, editing, or markup features, or fill in and save forms. Now with AlwaysOnPC you can!
Access to Storage:
- 2GB storage included. Easily load files from your PC or Mac to your AlwaysOnPC and access them *anytime* from your iPhone.
- Dropbox Online storage / Backup file access: If you’re one of the millions of people using an online storage/backup service for your PC/Mac documents, you can probably use it to access docs from your smartphone or iPad using AlwaysOnPC! For example, we provide the Dropbox™ client software pre-installed & ready to use. Simply double-click the link on the desktop to launch the application. If you are already a Dropbox user, just login and your files are sync'ed in moments! If you are not already registered, click the “Register/Get an Account” link and follow the instructions to sign up (it’s free for up to 2Gb of storage!) Most other online storage services can be accessed using their web portals.
Leave your Laptop at home:
AlwaysOnPC provides you a real PC, you can leave your laptop at home. You can do all the powerful features you probably don't miss –until you leave with just your smartphone. Here are a few examples:
- Blazing-fast open & save performance on WiFi or 3G: Since AlwaysOnPC is actually running “in the cloud”, your documents open super-fast from email and online storage. In tests, an 8 Mb spreadsheet or 5 Mb PDF file open in well under a minute using AlwaysOnPC, but took over 5 minutes – or errored out - using the competing viewers. Especially useful for large documents.
- True multi-tasking: Just like your PC, you can run multiple applications – for example run FireFox or Flash sites in multiple windows or tabs, while at the same time have several Word, Excel, and Powerpoint docs open in Open Office all at the same time. Copy/paste images, text between them. Switch apps quickly and easily (like “Alt-Tab” on a PC) using the “three finger-swipe” gesture.
- Private web browsing/anonymous surfing*: None of your private data, visited URLs, IP address or content are ever passed over the network or visible to anyone, unlike typical remote VNC apps - GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, WebEx -where your computer and its contents could be exposed.
- Rock-solid security: All connections with AlwaysOnPC are encrypted for your privacy and security.
- Access anywhere: In addition to your iPhone or iPod touch, you can access AlwaysOnPC anytime, anywhere, from any computer or Internet kiosk - Mac, PC or Linux (and soon Android!).
How to Get Started:
There are several ways you can get started with AlwaysOnPC.
Get AlwaysOnPC directly on your mobile device from the Appstore/marketplace for your phone and carrier:
You can also try AlwaysOnPC on your PC or Mac. Click Sign Up to register for an account. Once registered you can Login and access the “Connect” button which will launch our Java VNC software, and you can login. Your new AlwaysOnPC will open in a window on your computer. You’ll have five days to try it for free, take it for a test drive, upload files, setup email or Dropbox folders, and try all the apps. When you’re ready, you can subscribe by clicking the “Upgrade” button, or buy an AlwaysOnPC mobile application – it’s that easy!
How it works: Your Very Own Reliable, Efficient Virtual Computer
When you register for AlwaysOnPC, you get your own “virtual computer”, complete with your own hard disk space, applications, and personalizable desktop. This computer is ‘hosted’ on our servers in a secure, reliable data center.
The access software works similar to “Remote- Access / Desktop” applications (like GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, Mocha, and others). However, instead of needing to keep another computer (such as a home or office PC) on all the time, install and configure software and poke holes in your firewalls, you are connecting to your AlwaysOnPC which is always there and ready to use.
List of apps in AlwaysOnPC:
- Word Processor (fully open- and save- compatible with MS Word)
- Presentation (fully open- and save- compatible with MS Powerpoint)
- Spreadsheet (fully open- and save- compatible with MS Powerpoint)
- Project Management
- Drawing program – great for creating document or powerpoint graphics
- Evolution (Email program comparable to Outlook)
- Google Chrome Web browser with Chrome web store
- Firefox web browser from Mozilla, with toolbars and add-ons
- Adobe Reader PDF Viewer and annotator
- Instant Messaging (Pidgin) supports GTalk, AOL, MSN, ICQ, etc.,
- Image Editing program (PhotoShop equivalent) called Gnu Image Manipulation Program
- Thunderbird Email (another email program from the makers of FireFox)
- Drawing and Vector Graphics Program (CorelDraw equivalent)
- Archive Manager (Zip, Tar)
- Civilization Game
- FileZilla FTP File Transfer