How to use AlwaysOnPC on your PC or Mac & Load Files
AlwaysOnPC provides a Java-based Client Access Software that can be used from any PC or Mac. It’s included free with our Mobile applications, you can use this feature for doing one-time setup procedures like installing FireFox add-ons like xMarks, setting up email -- on your nice, big PC/Mac monitor and keyboard, and for uploading and downloading files you want to access later from your mobile smartphone/tablet. Here’s how to use the PC/Mac software:
- After you register and subscribe, sign in clicking the Login link at the top of the page
- Click the “Connect” button
Tip: You can Right-click and download the AlwaysOnPC Java applet to your computer desktop for convenient one-click access. This will avoid having to come to the website and login each time.
- The Java applet will open. You may see
- Enter your login info (again) in two steps (same Username and Password credentials as used to login on the website) and your Virtual PC will open in a new window
File Transfer instructions:
Here’s a video on up/down-loading files:
Other Recommended Setup
- Customize FireFox: we recommend xMarks Addon for sync’ing bookmarks & passwords
- Setup Dropbox: Dropbox is an online file backup and sync service ‘magically’ synchronizes your new/changed files from your PC/Mac to/from your AlwaysOnPC. (With Dropbox installed, you won’t have to manually upload/download files in the procedure described above). Just double-click the icon and login, or click the Register button to get an account – it’s free for up to 2 Gb of storage!
- Setup Thunderbird email (Note – you won’t need this if you prefer to use Webmail)
More apps in the Applications Menu